As used in this policy, "personal information" means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect personal information at several places on our website, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing
- when you register to establish a user account on our website
- when you create/edit your profile page, identify your content, and/or request an API key
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the events we make available to our user community
What We Do with Personal Information
Application and Website. When you join our network you provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. We use that personal information to establish and maintain your accounts, provide you with the features we provide for account holders, to act as your service provider, and for the purpose of contacting you about relevant connections to other users.
By joining the River of Talent network, you are also given a public profile page where you can voluntarily post personal information for public viewing. The information that you submit on your public profile page, including but not limited to any photograph or image of yourself you upload, is posted by you at your discretion. The information you publish on your public profile page, including your personal information, may be used by anyone who views that information for any lawful purpose.
Emails and Newsletters. We use personal information that you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request - for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to River of Talent.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, events list or one of our email discussion lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored in our marketing communications system. Personal information submitted as part of our email discussion lists is used for the purpose of managing the discussion lists. Your name and email address will typically be visible to other list participants when you correspond on the list and to the general public in the discussion archives.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, we do not disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
- We may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of our website or the API service.
Effective Date: January 15, 2016